Teams to Watch
1. York: Won its first state title last year by a wide margin and brings back a stacked team.
2. Cheverus: Returns five scorers from the Class A meet, including Brady Foshay, the top returning half-miler.
3. Scarborough: The defending Class A state champion returns four scorers from the state meet, including pole vault champion Alec James.
4. Falmouth: Finished third at the Class B state meet last year and has top sprinter Jacob Buhelt back.
5. Bonny Eagle: Returns Tyson Goodale, who could win three events at the Class A state meet.
1. Thornton Academy: Last year´s Class A runner-up is loaded with seven returning state meet scorers, including four who scored in multiple events, and state high jump champion Carly McKenna.
2. Bonny Eagle: Could also be the front-runner going into the Class A state meet with four returning state meet scorers, including 800-meter champ Samantha Cox.
3. Greely: Will be chasing a stacked Waterville team at the Class B state meet just like last year. The Rangers bring back nine scorers from the state meet, including shot put champion Catherine Fellows.
4. Lake Region: Led by sophomore Kate Hall, it wouldn´t take much to put the Lakers in contention. Hall won three events at the Class B state meet as a freshman, lifting her team to fourth.
5. Scarborough: The Red Storm graduated five senior scorers but have won eight straight indoor Class A state titles, so they can´t be discounted.